Pregnancy discharge, could it be yeast infection?

Hi mummies/mummies to be! I’m currently 25 weeks pregnant. I have a lot of pregnancy apps, and I read a lot about pregnancies online too. So I know vaginal discharge during pregnancy is normal. Before I was pregnant, I already have vaginal discharge. Mild smelling, white. Normal. But eversince I got pregnant, I have more discharge? I read online. But I’m confused whether it’s normal or is it yeast infection? My discharge is white, creamy/milky. So I use a panty liner to avoid staining my undies. I realise that the milky/creamy white dries in my panty liner to quite a yellow colour. If I don’t have time to change the panty liner frequently (cos of work, I hardly have time to even go to the toilet), I see that the colour is slightly turning very light green. Not sure if that’s really green or yellow. Last night I felt discharge coming out so I went to check and this time it’s white and a little clumpy (as the internet describes it as cottage cheese-like). Is this normal? Or do I have to speak to a gynae about this? 😫 So far I’m in my 6 month of pregnancy and they haven’t checked my vagina yet and I’m not ready for that either because I’m a very shy person... haha. So to tell them that I have discharge, would it be disgusting and embarrassing 😥

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Your gynae will do a check for you also nearing delivery to check for yeast infection. Otherwise it would be good to highlight. Don’t feel embarrass. It would be better to resolve any infection if there is

4y ago

I’m not sure about this because i went to a private gynae

I remembered they only check for infection on my 36th weeks pregnancy

4y ago

Is it the GBS infection?