My first born is 6.5mths and I suspect I might be pregnant again! (unplanned). any parent can share your experience? was it easy to manage a toddler (by then #1 will be 16 mths or so) and a new born? I am ep-ing. do I need to stop if I am pregnant? feel guilty that this is happening too fast and #1 may not have enough attention from me yet and I am diverting to another :(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can continue to breastfeed when pregnant. However, do consult your gynae about it. There are cases whereby premature births caused by cervix dilating too early, or signs of premature labour during pregnancy, or unusual bleeding caused by the contractions of the uterus from breastfeeding. Some mothers may experience morning sickness and can be aggravated by nursing. You can find out more about handling breastfeeding during pregnancy from here: http://www.todaysparent.com/pregnancy/top-13-tips-for-breastfeeding-during-pregnancy-and-beyond/

Read more

You can continue ep-ing even if you are pregnant, because there is no evidence that nursing while pregnant can endanger your unborn baby. Only some children may find the taste slightly different around time baby almost born or afterwards, due to changes of milk contents that will suit your newborn. This way also you can continue giving lots of attention to both of them. Good luck and congrats,mommy!

Read more
VIP Member

same like me. my first child s only 11months old and i'm 14weeks pregnant. will feel more exhausted due to the pregnancy and need to take care of your baby but i guarantee, you can find ways and time to spend quality time with your baby. take care of your health. during early stage of pregnancy, it is advisable not to often carry your baby for a long time. ♥️

Read more

I gave birth to my #2 when my #1 is ard 20month old. It's really not easy when #1 keep Wanting to gain your attention while you bf/coaxing #2. Accompany your #1 as much as u can now :)

Try not to breastfeed your first one as it may cause your uterus to contract.

It won't be easy for you. In all God help you