My 4-month old baby shouts too loud now. It sounds funny and entertaining to us. Is she learning to talk now or just need some attention?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations! Your baby is reaching a new milestone. This is the cutest stage where she is having baby talk. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/infant-development/art-20048178 Babbling and other new sounds. Babies this age often begin to babble, squeal, gurgle and laugh. Your baby might respond to and imitate your facial expressions and sounds. He or she might babble and then pause, waiting for you to respond. As your baby's memory and attention span increase, he or she will begin to pick out the components of your speech and hear the way words form sentences. Your baby might even recognize his or her name. You might notice changes in inflection or tone as your baby babbles and coos.

Read more

My baby boy started shouting at 4 months old too. He will shout with high pitch. It's really funny. I knew he was experimenting with his voice. But I was afraid that he may learn to shout to get the things he wants in when he grows up. Hence, every time he shouts, I will say "no, no, no, no shouting". He is not 5 months and he has stop shouting too. He will make funny noise that seems like he's singing but not shouting

Read more

A little of both! It's so cute isn't it. Hahaha. My girl was very vocal around the same age. She would about for attention but sometimes she was just playing on her own. It is also the period where they discover their own vocal cords. As she began to progress along she was able to call nen nen(milk), mama and pa at 6 months! I think your turn may come very soon.

Read more

So adorable! She has probably discovered her voice and is "experimenting" with it. My son was also shouting randomly, not necessarily just for attention at about 4+ months. Now that he's 6 months old, he knows how to use his voice to get attention or milk :)

Thanks Stephanie! So I should not be bothered by that haha.

thanks