Is it a must to burp baby after breastfeeding? For my firstborn, i didnt. But my 2nd one, i realise her tummy seems bloated. Shes also bottle fed(Tommee Tippee) abt 2 times a day.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it is a most otherwise they will have the gas trapped inside . Need to burp them till they are about 4 or 5 months old or when they can sit upright. Some babies may need to burp even longer if they often get gassy. But usually they can burp on their own once they can sit up. If baby drinks too fast she will also take in a lot of air. You may need to burp her at intervals throughout the feed. To relieve bloatedness can apply Ruyi oil or give rid wind or massage the tummy in circular motion

Read more

I bf baby. I never burped both ny kids. Its recommended to burp baby after each feed. For me, i kept trying till i gave up. I just never seemed to master it. However you may want to try doing the colic massage. I did it and it worked wonders. I did mine mainly in the evening before he goes to bed. https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=baby+colic+massage&oq=baby+colic+massage&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.2880j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Read more

Actually if baby is drinking well from the breast, then there is no need to burp because in the effort to latch and drink, there is no air involve unlike bottle feeding which is every time bottle feed have to burp. However, if u see tha baby keep latching and unlatching then there is a chance that keep introducing air so u got to burp baby. For myself i just always burp just in case

Read more

Some baby may not need to burp, especially bf babies. But however if they seems fussy and unsettled, its best to burp them :)

VIP Member

Yes all the time. #3 she has colic even though she is fully breastfed so I have to.