Hi mums , my lo is already 13months and i am still breastfeeding him...he only drinks plain water in the bottle and when i put formula milk in it he will recognise the bottle and doesn't want to even hold the bottle... Just last week i had my menses back and i think my milk supply is running low because i don't really feel engorge anymore.. even my right breast is sore after i feed him #1 any food to boost the milk supply? #2 any tips for weaning my baby? Thankyou!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At the age of 13 months, the main nutrition required by the child can obtain from solid food. If your child is eating solid well, there is not much to worry and you can just let him latch on demand to allow him to meet his required milk intake. There is no need to wean him off. The milk supply does drop for me or most mommies during menses but the supply will be back to demand after a while. Instead of giving FM, you can try fresh milk in straw bottle. That’s what I did for my two kids. My eldest is on my milk until 5 years old and second born is still latching at 2 years old. It is tired but if you can continue you will see the benefits in long run.

Read more
7y ago

Mine too did the same , theres one time he bite till theres a wound mark.. But the pain now is my under side of the breast...its a little swollen now

Hi~u can try oat milk for boosting ur milk supply. It works quite well for me. To wean ur baby u can try cereal with ur breast milk or puree such as sweet potato, butternut squash etc

7y ago

I will try , thank you 😊