Block nose baby

Hi all mummy can recommend me PD that can do suction for 3 month old baby cause of block nose ? We go buy aspirator to suck but can’t do to inside then baby keep having difficult to drink milk. TIA

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Lynz, the trick is that you need to use infant iliadin after you flush the nose. This is to dry the mucous so that it doesn’t keep running. I find the nasal aspirator does a good job too. Oh for iliadin, you can only use it five days in a row, morning and night. Then give it a rest for 3 days.

3y ago

Flus are the worst for babies I understand. Okay so when my babies get runny nose, I go a little nuts. I use peppermint and eucalyptus EO in the room, rub eucalyptus oil on their feet and cover with socks, and I put some olbas oil on the their clothes. That might help. Occasionally I suction the mucous out but try not to overdo it. The fluctuating weather isn’t helping too... Take care okay?

could it be phlegm in lungs? my boys kanna before and pd gave nebuliser to get. milk intake became better

3y ago

my pd prescribed some ointment for the nose also for stuffy nose. my 2 yo n 5 mths old boy inherit my sinus prob... so sterimar, medicated nasal spray, ointment from pd and various flu med always on standby at home.

We normally nasal spray the nose then nose frida to the rescue! Nose frida is amazing!

Go and buy the normal saline and put a few drops into baby nose every 2-3 hourly!

Went to PD also, and gave us nasal spray. Did u try nasal spray?

3y ago

Am also facing the same prob.. Doc prescribed illiadin and histamin drops.. Still it didnt work

have u tried the manual kind of suction?

3y ago

mummy. u can try baby clinic? dr tend to be more experienced compare to normal GP. can use CDA too 😊

Happened to my LO , iliadin works well .

3y ago

I try illiadin also I will spray the sterima after awhile I give illiadin but still same.