Twin pregnancy gynae + hospital recco

Hello mummies!! I just discovered I’m carrying twins! and this is my 3rd pregnancy (AKA my 3rd/4th kids!) I’m so shocked and anxious at the same time. I heard twin pregnancies would need Csect and usually deliver pre-term. I’m at TMC now but might need to reconsider my options in view of the high likelihood of the babies admitting to NICU for a few weeks. Any past experience and recco pls? And any possibilities for natural birth, cos my past 2 pregnancies were all natural. Pretty bumped that this is gonna be Csect :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My very close friend’s story: her first pregnancy, she carried fraternal twins, and went to Parkway East hospital. Unfortunately she lost one baby around the 5-6th month. Yet, amazingly, her very very pro-natural birth gynae decided that pre-term delivery in her case was not necessary, it was perfectly safe for her to continue carrying both. She managed to carry both babies until she gave birth naturally! To both!! Full term somemore. Think week 37-38? So nope, it’s not true that twins will definitely demand a c section. And her surviving boy is a very healthy and bubbly 1.5 year old today 😄

Read more
TapFluencer

congrats!!!