Bath after 8pm?

Any mummy will bath for newborn baby after 7 or 8pm? Or can use towel to wipe the baby? Becos heard some ppl said cannot bath baby 6pm. May I know what’s the reason why?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Newborn does not need to bath many times a day as their skin is still very sensitive and will become dry. I only bath my nb once at 8.30-9.30 am then wipe clean before 7pm. I did bath him twice about 2 days ago because his poop were all over him and I can't possibly just wipe him bcos not too clean like that. I'll only bath my baby twice a day when he's 3 mths old and above just like I did with his siblings because by this age they like to put their hands in their mouth then all the saliva all over the face 😂

Read more

It was said tt baby will catch a cold if it's late at night but I didn't really follow tt 😅 My usual baby's bath time is 8pm, sometimes 9pm as I find it easier to put him to slp nearer to his slping time. He likes his baths so it's like a relaxing bedtime routine before his last feed. Been doing tt since he was a mth old. If ur baby is less than a mth, just wipe ur baby will do. Younger babies don't really need to bathe so often as it will dry out his/her skin.

Read more
VIP Member

We followed the routine of massage around 7pm then bath & wrap baby is blankets to keep warm as babies lose body heat quickly. After that feed her & put to sleep. This helped maintain a routine and she gets sleepy as soon as we finish bath. Still following the same.

most NB have gassy stomach and cry when temperature goes down. best to keep them warm after sunset. a quick wipe is sufficient to cool their body down before sleep

for newborn i only bath once a day which is in the morning. only after baby turn slightly older like 3months then i bath in morning and ard 5 plus.

Wipe down will be better. But since it's newborn, recommended once a day shower in the morning/late morning to create like a routine in your baby

TapFluencer

the wind will get into baby body. best to wipe. and too cold will cause baby to fall sick easily

Super Mum

Newborn are quite clean. So I bathe in the day & use warm cloth to wipe down before bed at night

TapFluencer

i shower my girl before noon time and wipe her body and change into pj around evening time.

Yeah just wipe down better to avoid the sniffles.