How is a Pap smear test done ?

Hi Mummies, I am soon due for my Pap smear test post delivery. Can I please check how is that test done ? Anyone can share ? #pleasehelp #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They just put a plastic tube thing into your vagina to keep it open. (With lube of cos) then will use a sample stick to scrap some cells off the walls of ur cervix. That’s all. I did it a few times! It depends on who does it, sometimes it doesn’t hurt but sometimes there will be slight discomfort but never painful. Oh and you may bleed a little after. that.

Read more
11mo ago

Thanks a lot for telling me. Will be prepared mentally :)

It’s just slight discomfort and feels a little weird but pretty fast! Taking blood for blood test is more painful 😂 but I only did with gynae and women clinic doc who was v gentle before so not sure if you do it at other places if the experience is the same!

11mo ago

Thanks babe! May I please ask what do they do exactly ? Scared hahah

As long as it sexually active, it’s recommended that you do it every few years. Can check for cervical cancer and HPV.

C sec also need to do?

11mo ago

Yup I had c sect and I also did Pap smear post delivery. It’s rather uncomfortable like the vaginal swab before giving birth. Try to relax and will be done soon. I was rather tense and it hurts abit