How to get rid of white bleb/blister on nipple ?

Hi Mummies, I am breastfeeding my 27 days old baby and today I noticed that there is a white bleb/blister on my nipple. I read about it and it mentions that this can happen due to a blocked milk duct. It is a little bit painful when the baby latches but not very painful. Attaching the photo Any mum who experienced this? Can please share how to get rid of this ? Thanks in advance 🙏 #firsttimemom

How to get rid of white bleb/blister on nipple ?
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m prone to blister. Use warm epsom salt water to soak it for 10-15 mins ( I use Hakka for this) to soften it. Then take a warm bath for 10 mins. After that use a soaked moist towel / handkerchief to rub your nipple gently. Lastly latch or pump and see if it bursts. Mine usually burst after doing this for once but sometimes need to repeat this process twice.

Read more

Hi mama. I had this a few times thru out my 4m bfeeding journey. Usually I’ll just leave it to burst on its own. Alternatively, some mummies use warm compress (with cloth) to exfoliate the milk blister. As for me, baby burst it for me while latching and another time it burst on its own while I was pumping 😂

Read more
12mo ago

Thanks mummy. This blister is cleared for me too. I think it came off either during pump or latching

This is common! Just leave it alone. It will heal on its own after a few days :) this usually happens when the latch is not good. Don’t try to burst it else it might be prone to infection.

1y ago

Okay noted thank you