Obsessed MIL!!!

Hi mummies! How should I start… So basically, my mil is very obsessed with my first son. Before he was born she was obsessed already and touching and rubbing my stomach which my husband asked me to! After giving birth, I can see that she treats my son as her son.. and on the first night at home, my son sleeps with her. And the reason why is that, my husband wants the both of us to rest which got me upset and away from my just 2-day child... As months go by, whenever I’m not happy about MY MIL. The husband refuses to listen and care for his mom’s feelings. Until now, my son is 4 months old. I feel like the husband doesn’t support my parenting style and letting MY MIL TAKE IN CHARGE! And mind you, I could not do anything about it even when I talked about it. I feel like my position as a wife is to give birth & let whatever MIL wants to do. I feel that my voice is not supposed to be heard by the husband😞 Thank you for reading my rant. #firstbaby #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think firstly you should try and have private serious talk with your husband without getting angry, ask him to accommodate your parenting style because it's your baby, not your MIL's. Then just take everything your MIL says with a pinch of salt but do it your own way. Don't break the relationship, yes you can fake it one, learn from office people. Otherwise you can always privately threaten your hubby to move back to your mom place with the baby.

Read more