Whooping cough vaccine

Hi mummies, Anyone took whooping cough vaccine? Is it compulsory? #1stimemom

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took mine. The whooping cough vaccine is usually given to pregnant women at 28 weeks (can be given anytime between 20-32 weeks) of each pregnancy and should be given as early as possible (from 20 weeks) to women who have been identified as being at high risk of early delivery. Vaccination during pregnancy (preferably at 20-32 weeks) means your body produces antibodies that get passed on to your baby before birth. These antibodies will protect your baby until they are ready to receive their own vaccinations at 6 weeks of age. I hope the above information help you. Take care and god bless you and Baby!

Read more

I have taken it 2 weeks ago.. i took the cough and flu thus I had 2 jabs in my left & right arms. My gynae said its not necessary but highly recommended... besides its paid through medisave. ☺️ The first 2 days after the jab I had a very bad headache and I felt feverish. But the nurse had told about the side effects thus I was ok about it. After the 3rd day, headache has subsided and I felt so much better although I can still feel the swell on my arms. Now I felts better and more confident that my baby angel is protected & healthy. :)

Read more

It’s recommended to get the flu and whooping cough vaccine. The latter can be “transferred” to baby for the first few months of his/her life so baby can develop immunity to the disease.

I took both during my 20wk, arm area sore alittle for around a wk, but was manageable. Recommended to take it anw paid by medisave, so just took it.

I did mine when I was pregnant. Only feel swollen on jab area for 3-4 days. After that ok already. Its not compulsory but recommended to take.

I took mine, but I’ve allergy reaction to it after that. Jab area started swelling and was pain, but recover after 5 days.

VIP Member

Yes..I did...it’s highly recommended by my gynae..it’s better to prevent in this condition..

VIP Member

I took. Nt sure if it’s compulsory, bt my gynae highly encouraged it n scheduled me to take it

3y ago

Took it in the hosp

better to take, dun wori the vaccine not painful and it doesnt cost much

VIP Member

Hi it’s not compulsory but highly recommended. I took mine too ☺️