Delivery ward

Hi mummies! Do yall know how do we book/choose our delivery ward? I've yet to book mine as I heard nothing from the hospital. But heard from friedns/family that we have to go ahead to book it ourselves. Is that true? Pls help. #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dont know about other hospitals. But for KKH, you only get to choose the class of ward on the day itself (I was induced for both my pregnancy). For my #1 (3yrs ago); I was told to book ~2-3weeks before my EDD. For my #2 (3mths ago); I was told the system changed and was only allowed to choose on the day I was supposed to induce. Which I think makes sense because how many of us actually gave birth on the EDD itself? So they have this first-come-first-serve policy. For my #1 & #2, I was told that the ward depends on availability. Its not a guaranteed that I will get what I want.

Read more

check with your gynae following 1. which hospital 2. is her staff assist on booking if the answer for 2 is NO, u can call hospital to check their package and make reservation after u go through the package gynae side should brief u on doc fees, ask u if u have any preferred baby doc and anesthetist. If u don't have any, they will recommend and let u know the estimate cost

Read more
Super Mum

Hi mama! Congratulations! I believe there’s a procedure called pre-registration which takes place before your date of delivery. TMC has theirs online but best you call your hospital number and find out what the procedure is. Hope this helps

Read more

I booked mine very early, like 16 weeks. The nurse asked me to book after my consultation with gynae and told me that I can still upgrade if I want to when the dates are closer. I’m delivering at TMC btw. :)

I was at 34 weeks when the nurse called me in to book my preferred ward for my delivery after my consultation with the gynae. I think varies for every hospital? Not sure. I was at NUH under subsidies.

3y ago

You can ask to speak to the head nurse to go through the costs and ward types. I got to speak to the nurse earlier than 34 weeks cuz There are also no hospital tours at the moment and I was planning to convert to a private patient so I needed to know beforehand.

different hosp have different policies! For KKH, i believe u need to make a deposit for the private wards. But can also be done on admission day!

It is not true as during my last appointment at NUH before i give birth they will ask me to choose whether i want private or subsidies

You can always book for the delivery tour and let them know when is your EDD. Mine was my gynae who will do the bookings for us

my gynae filled up the pre admission form and told me to register last week. i am currently week 36. #ftmtoo

for TMC I was booked by the nurses in the clinic there ;)