Impact of Breastmilk

Hi all mummies, Just wondering if you breastfeeding your baby for so long. Is it true your baby never get sick? Personally I have stopped BF at 2 months plus. for my mental health. However, quite fed up when ppl keep telling u. U need to BF at least 1 year. Everyone has different case. Why need to force all woman to BF 6 to 1 year? So is it true baby will not get sick and nver go see PD since. BM will help your baby immunity? #BreastfebBabies #immunity #firsttiimemom #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am EP-ing for 16m (currently mixed feeding with formula) and probably will stop when LO is 18mo. I cannot guarantee how true but my baby did indeed not fall sick as of now (16m). Vaccinations also no post fever. But I also have to say this, it’s because my baby haven’t been exposed to school yet otherwise I’m pretty sure even if I give her dragon milk she will also fall sick. Regardless of bm or fm, confirm got thing for people to comment on. I had one friend’s mil (first time seeing her somemore) telling me in my face that my bm is useless after 4mo (my baby is 9mo then) like hello u think my bm comes from supermarket is it. I didn’t get enough sleep, suffered so many episodes of mastitis, struggled as low supply and you just put me down with one remark. What made me decided to bf is……losing weight lol! And I did managed to slim down even more than prepregnancy even when I was eating like two portions per meal so I had to continue. That is my motivation to bf initially then eventually it becomes a routine… and now attachment. 😂 Anyways there’s no scientific proven fact on this luh imo, your child your boobs your call. In fact I feel so much happier and relax now that I’m only feeding bm once and formula for the rest. I even had 12 - 14 hours of sleep everyday 🤩.

Read more
1y ago

same! my husband's self professed mommy guru friend quizzed 101 when saw our 6mths old baby first time, asked me what I feed him cos he so chubby 😅 felt like she was expecting a certain answer so when I answered BM she was like: aiyo dun bother lah, my PD said after 6mths the BM not nutritional anymore.. BM got expiry date meh??? I should have asked her which PD she took her kids, and which med school he graduated from!

I heard all babies will get sick often once they start to go childcare regardless of what they ate 😂 don’t sweat what people said, I’ve stopped after 3 months too. Didn’t lose any pregnancy weight but I felt more like myself without the pumping schedule and stuff. And anybody can feed your baby if they’re on formula. Less stressful for you.

Read more

These days, formula have added nutrients and benefits that matches breastmilk well enough and it seems that formula has iron while breastmilk lacks iron? So a baby on formula isn't less well-off than their breastmilk counterpart. Fed is best, just do where your sanity brings you, mummy's health also very important so you can raise healthy child.

Read more

hi! I've 2 kids, first one formula, second BM. first one never truly fell sick till preschool, only one time post jab fever. second one, first few months already 2 bouts of cold, so either something's wrong with my BM 😅 or cos the first one we kept at home during pandemic and the second was born post pandemic and we go everywhere 😆

Read more

It does give the nutrients that the baby wants. But also u have to take care of urself first. If u r feeling stress... E production of milk will be lesser n u might be even more stress. Formula milk is fine also. So it depends on urself. Baby immunity it depends on the baby... The environment. So don't worry 😊 Jia u!

Read more

My LO was breastfeed till 1 year old, went cc still since 4 mths old still fall sick.

TapFluencer

i really doubt a fully bf bb never falls sick