Pre mature baby

Hi mummies with pre mature baby, I needed some encouragement. My baby was born at 25 weeks. Just 2 weeks ago. Only now that his oxygen level is low, carbon dioxide is high which is not good. doctor will put a tube through his throat to help with his breathing. Anyone experience this before? This wont be permanent right?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine was 33 weeks but was also in nicu with oxygen box instead of tube. But he had a tube down his throat for feeding. Once they got confident with his breathing, they removed the box but they will continue to monitor the oxygen level. So it’s not going to be permanent. But you need to be patient, because the baby needs time to develop the lungs. My baby is 8 months old now, very much active and screaming all day long (very strong lungs???). Don’t worry too much, they monitor the oxygen levels of the babies in nicu very closely so they are alerted to oxygen level drops instantly. keep in constant contact with the nicu team and P.D. to get updates on your baby and visit often to touch and speak to ur baby. Your baby needs encouragement too!

Read more

Hi , my fren gave birth at 25 weeks , they went through the same as you . Baby was in NICU for about 12 weeks(if i can remember correctly) , baby is now 4 years old . Active and running around !

VIP Member

My son was born premature too. He is now almost 13 yrs old. Have faith dear. Keep close to your baby...your voice your touch can make a difference. My prayers be with you and family...

I wish your baby to recover soon

I wish your baby to recover soon