Need Help! 20 week detailed scan - anyone encounter this?

Hi mummies, today I went for my 20 week bb detailed scan, sonographer said everything was ok but till the very end she asked another senior in and saying bb one of the vessel in bb heart is slightly bigger than the other. After that they refuse to tell me more, and ask me wait for my gynae appt. & gynae book another professor scan for me on Friday. Now, I’m feeling extremely worried 😢 Is there any big concern on heart vessel bigger than the other ? 😖 need some help here

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did your gynaecologist explain what is the concern and what is the purpose to refer to the professor? Don't worry too much, thing may not be that bad. My 2nd child had two white spots on her heart during the 20 weeks scan and that was the only appointment I didn't go with my wife. I felt something amiss when I read the report at night but couldn't do anything till my wife's appointment with her gynaecologist 3 days before 24 weeks as she was away. I still remember she jumped up from her seat when she saw the report and was angry why we were not advised the seriousness given that we only left 3 days to decide on termination. She immediately arranged following day appointment with an renowned paediatric cardiologist for further check and opinion. After the further check, we were told our child has 80% surviving chance after birth and normal. Further check is required thereafter. We had decided to continue the pregnancy and prepared what we have to face due to I didn't want my wife to risk for termination since the bump was big and we believed there was a reason for whatever to come. That month was one of my darkest period as our elder was warded due to fever fits. My 2nd child has no problem since birth. The paediatric cardiologist has confirmed she is normal after the follow up check. I am sharing this lengthy message hoping that you don't worry and thing may not be that bad. 🌈

Read more

Don't be in sad. That is not good for baby. Go quickly to you scan and check with doctor.

Hi, I faced the same issue, may I know where did you do the scanning?