Preemie baby at 34 weeks

Hi mummies! Is there anyone deliver their baby at 34 weeks? How you cope at home when you able to bring your son/daughter back home from NICU? Can mummies help me? I give birth to my baby at 34 weeks. Today I be able to bring home my daughter. She has been staying in NICU about 10 days include today. I scared cause she so small and fragile. Her weight is 2.1kg. My concern is breast milk in 2hrs i only able to get is 60ml. Her NB pampers in NUH didnt sell. I ordered already but havent delivered. Basically I dont have knowledge how to take care preemie baby. They seems fragile than full term babies. #firstbaby #1stimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy. I gave birth to my girl at 36 wks and she was small too at 2.4kg. I treat her the same like normal babies. Your baby's weight is acceptable since she is over 2.1kg. She'll gain weight soon as she grows so don't worry. Feed her as she needs. For NB pampers, you can actually buy at any NTUC, Giant, Sheng Siong, etc. Do not buy many as your baby will gain weight so you actually need to stock up more of S size pampers.

Read more
4y ago

I try to breast feeding her but she doesnt want to latch so i ended up have pump breast milk. But the ml i max can reach is 40ml for both sides. My nipples getting sore after pumping. Is there a way to increase breast milk?