KKH subsidy

Hi mummies~ sorry I'm a first time mother please help me understand. I'm currently 15 weeks under KKH subsidy scheme. I don't really mind seeing different doctors for scans. But I've read some post where mummies will switch to private at KKH for delivery. May I know what's the common reason for such switch? Is it so that the doctor who will help you deliver is fixed (you know who he/she will be?) What are the other pros of doing this switch? Tyvm~

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So that they can have a fixed gynae that they’re used to seeing and private will have scans every visit unlike subsidised only have scan like 1st few visits. Subsequently just listen to fetus’s heartbeat only. They also won’t mention baby’s weight either. If go private I think the single ward is booked in priority. But you can upgrade to single ward when you want to deliver too under subsidy.

Read more

i think from wat i know n wat i heard. is that switching to a private doctor for delivery is becoz they are more professional in making a safe delivery for u. as the subsidized ones are mostly students and mewbees.

Subsidised kkh deliveries & episiotomy repairs are done by medical officers/ registrars while private kkh deliveries are done by consultants

To wanna consistently be seen by the same gynae or be delivered by a preferred gynae

usually so cn upgrade ward and husband cn stay