Hi mummies, please share your experience with me. Currently am 7 weeks pregnant with #2, will be taking folic acid till week 12 then doc prescribed me obimin & fish oil and stop folic acid. With my #1, i didn't even take these 2 because of the smells and i can't swallow big pills, folic acid i can. Thinking back of those pills makes me wanna vomit. Most of u will say it's a must to take. But I just can't take it. Is there any alternatives for these 2 pills? I heard of fish oil gummies. Do they have it in Singapore? How does it taste like? TIA!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can consider taking Omega 3 rich flaxseed oil which refrigerated. So, when you take it cold, it won't be so bad. Alternatively take healthy nuts and seeds such as walnut, almond, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These are good source of omega 3, an alternative to DHA. Take whole food supplement such as spirulina or super green food to meet your nutritional requirement instead of consuming each vitamins and minerals. Also consider Vitamin B complex for the first three months. This helps to relieve nausea and vomiting in the first trimester. Hope that helps.

Read more
8y ago

You can be selective of the food choices like snack dried fruits, nuts and seeds, dried seaweed instead of junk foods. Craving is a way your body tells you that you need nutrients. Mainly minerals. Enjoy exploring healthy food choices.