23 weeks & fasting

Hi mummies! Is it okay to fast during Ramadan at 23weeks? Cause i tried fasting today and i felt no movements until i drank water to break my fast just now. I’m worried after i read this!

23 weeks & fasting
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same! I am 22 weeks pregnant. No movements from baby during the day. Only when I broke my fast at 7.15pm, I felt baby move. I started to worry midday that baby is not “eating” the whole day. I guess 1st and 2nd trimester baby still need lots of nutrition to grow healthily as not full term yet. I think I will not put pressure on myself to fast full 30 days just coz others have done it 😊

Read more

Today is my 37 weeks, I try to fast during 36 week of the 1st day of Ramadan but really cannot make it for 1 whole day so I break fast half day, my whole body was shaking n baby not moving at all after I drink water alhamdulillah the baby is okay. So pls follow your body n You can pay back after you give birth to your baby so pls don't force yourself to fast alrite.

Read more

I fast during my 20 week last week and only a day as i feel my baby movement is lesser compared to the other days and it worries me even after i break my fast. Thus i made up my mind not to fast. Better be safe then sorry besides you're growing a child in you. You need all the nutritions. Islam made it easy as well don't force yourself if you can't fast 🥺

Read more

Don't force urself and follow ur own body cues! It really depends on individual moms and babies. I cld fast for a whole month while I was 7 months pregnant with my first but cld hardly do it now with my 2nd at 5 months cz always feeling dizzy. My gynae nvr discourages fasting but he always reminds me to monitor baby's movements.

Read more

I’m on my 24 weeks now and have been fasting full day since day1. So far alhamdulilah, baby do give me little kicks during day time and usually ard 6plus. Maybe to show he is hungry. But i didnt feel hungry at all mostly sleepy and tired. Baby move alot more after i break fast and at night when i want to sleep.

Read more

Saw this is mufti's page: if u feel unwell/weak, it's ok not to fast, just pay back the fast next time. If u are worried about the baby but ur body feels ok, u have pay both fidiyah and pay back the fast.

It is ok to fast as long as you can take it. I fast whole mth at 8mths preg with no issue before. If you feel worried, don't fast. It all depends on individual body and baby. 🙂

im 37 weeks here and family force me to fasting but please follow ur body and don't need to force urself ☺️