LO rejecting milk and not finishing entire bottle

hi mummies, my LO is 5mo and i’ve noticed he has been rejecting his milk for a couple of days now and its very frustrating and i worry that he’ll become dehydrated. previously, he would drink 150ml fully every 2-3hrs but now he would just drink around 50-100ml every 4-5 sometimes 6hrs. i’ve tried changing his bottle teat but it doesnt seem to be the issue— he would just choke and cough on the fast flow of the milk. #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my baby is 4.5 months, and lately sometimes get restless while feeding. I've also noticed her looking at me eat a few times, though when I tried to bring good close to her mouth she didn't respond. I intend to let her watch me eat more often, and then may start solids at around 5ish months if her interest continues to grow! I had wanted to start at 6

Read more

My baby is 2+months old also like this. Sometimes he would finish sometimes only halfway then reject. We just continue to feed as per norm. Maybe if he didnt finish prev feed, next feed will be 2hr+ instead of 3. And sometimes i would let him cry a little so he would be really hungry then feed.

Same. But my LO only 3 months! Haven't found a solution yet. I tried giving him his bottle in a dark room,seems like works sometimes but not always. I think maybe if I were to drink milk only for 3 months maybe I would also reject 🤣🤣🤣 but what to do? he only can drink milk. 😅😅😅

It’s a phase that comes and goes. Can only keep hoping that the next feeding will be better 😩

Same here.. especially in the day, my baby tends to not finish his milk.