How many maternity panty do we need?

Hi mummies, as I’m unsure whether I’m going through a csect or natural birth yet, can I check how many maternity pads (thinking of Kotex panty) do we need? How many days do we bleed and how many a day roughly for both csect and natural? Thank you.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I delivered via natural birth last month. I am still currently bleeding (approximately 6 weeks) but not a lot of blood till like first two days of menses. I only wore panty pads for the first two to three weeks and normal day pads (25cm) and panty liner at the later stage. I clean it frequently and just buy more pads because there is a need to change every few hours to prevent infection. The bleeding days for every mommies are different because there are other factors like breastfeeding etc will affect. Just take note of the hygiene and frequency of changing pads. Even if it’s only a little bit of blood but still need to change every few hours.

Read more

I bled about 3 weeks . By the 2nd week it was more like a brownish stained. . I used a Laurier overnight pad , it was not so heavy just enough to cover the whole pad. I changed my pad everytime I go to the toilet. I didn’t count how many in a day. As I stocked up . I bought the Kotex panty too in large quantity however the largest size did not fit me due to your stomach being bloated after giving birth. The waist line sits around the c section stitch . The sizing of the Kotex panty is small for a L. Try getting a high airisms waisted panty from Uniqlo.

Read more
1mo ago

Yessss you are definitely right. Uniqlo airism high panty works well . Cost $9.90 😝

I just given birth 2 months ago. I went through natural birth. In my experience, I bled for 3 weeks and not a lot of blood. I thought I would have heavy flow like my menses before pregnancy so I bought a lot of 40cm sanitary pads. On my 2nd week, my blood flow is lesser. By the 3rd week, I used thin kind of sanitary pads. But I would recommend to change your pad every 3-4 hours to prevent infection as the gynae will cut down there for natural birth and there will be stitches.

Read more

I'm at my Wk32+5 today and I've stand-by 60pcs of those similar Kotex panties and 40pcs of disposable cotton panties. Same here, not knowing whether i'll go through c-sect or natural birth yet as doctor is still monitoring the baby's growth. But the stand-by imported supply should be good enough to last me enough time if i need a supply top up locally or even a second import.

Read more

it really varies among diff individuals. my flow was not heavy pre-pregnancy, and after delivery, I only had heavy flow for first two weeks, then lesser discharge for another two weeks. then I didn't have any menses since cuz I breastfeed completely. I've used 4-5 kotex per day initially for a week then slowly changed to a normal pad.

Read more

Natural birth here. I bled for a month plus (inclusive of brown blood). I changed around 6-7 pieces during the heavy flow period then slowly 4-5 pieces. 1 carton has 32 pieces so you can agar there. You can change to normal pads when the flow is lesser but I personally continued with Kotex panty (feels safer and it won’t run).

Read more

i tried both Kotex & Blood brand, personally feel Blood (buy from Shopee) is more comfortable. had a natural birth and used the panty type for about 2 weeks then used long pads for about another wk. Switched to 25cm pads, then long wide pantyliners afterwards as I bled for about 3 months, spotting on and off.

Read more

I had a c section and bought the period panty pads from Blood. Found that post-c section I preferred pads instead of panty coz its less painful to put on. Panty you gotta move and hoist it up more

personally didn't like maternity panty. it's quite uncomfortable for me. I used for first week and switched to pads after it's much better

usually more than 14 days . i would recommend to use adults diaper they are like $15 per pack and have like 10/12 pieces inside .