Folic acid

Hi Mummies! I’m going to be 2nd trim soon & doctor told me to eat Multivitamin tablet & DHA Capsule from 12 weeks onwards. I was wondering should i continue taking Folic Acid (like I did in 1st trim) together with the tablets & capsules suggested by Doc or take without Folic Acid? I forgot to ask doctor on this. Need ur help please! #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For me Kkh prescribed multi vitamins already have folic for us, but if lesser mg, so depends on your gyne recommendations. We will just go ahead with multivitamin and DHA but will not continue with folic

2y ago

Yeah, doc told me to stop taking folic acid too. Multivit has folic acid

my doc mentioned that excessive folic acid isn’t necessary after 3 months & will be flushed out anyways. so u may continue with just the mulitvits and DHA!

Super Mum

Check the ingredients of the multivitamins you have. Most already include folic acid or folate so unnecessary to separately take

inside the multivitamins there's folic acid. so u can stop taking folic acid seperately.

2y ago

Thankyou! I just checked the multivitamin have 0.9mg of Folic Acid. So i can just stop my normal folic acid tablet isit?

folic acid not as important from week 12 onwards.. vitamins yes

im still taking folic acid. im on wk 22