Advice on delivery please

Hi mummies! I’m a FTM going 21 weeks. Currently going to KKH subsidised route. I really desire for a unrushed and unmedicated natural birth with hopes of unnecessary intervention unless me or baby is in danger. Idw to be pressured to get a c sect or epidural just because the doc wants to rush. (Heard of such situations) I was wondering if I should change to a private hospital so I can get to choose my doctor? I’m really not sure about KKH’s delivery too since I don’t think I’ll be able to choose my doctor who is delivering my baby right? Mummies who went through subsidised route please advise! Any advice would be helpful. Or any specific doctors in mind. Thank you. #1stimemom #firstbaby #pregnancy

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy. I opted for KKH private and it was a a good experience for me. I get to choose my doc from the beginning of my pregnancy and I get to choose if I want to go for epidural or not (I took the epi cause the pain was too much lol) Anyway, I don’t think any doc can force you to take any form of pain relief if you don’t want it. Example I didn’t take the laughing gas. Maybe you can try that route? Good luck mummy

Read more