8 weeks pregnant

Hi mummies! I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and 2 days ago, I noticed a light brown discharge. I thought it was one time, so I brushed it off. Last night, it was slightly darker, also just that one time. Today, I noticed a spot of brown blood. So far no other fresh bleeding accompanied by cramps or anything else. The brown blood was also just a very thin streak. Should I be worried? My first appointment is in a few days. Should I let the gynae know as well? Thank you in advance mummies! Any input will be greatly appreciated. #pregnancy #firstbaby #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! I'm a FTM here too in my 9th week:) I would think it's best to inform gynae so they can advise if it's normal/ perform any checks if required. I informed my gynae that I had noticed a one-time fresh blood when I was in week 4, and further checks found a polyp which was removed promptly. take care!

Read more
2y ago

thank you mummy! appointment in a few days time, still monitoring as of now. both my sister & sil said it might be my uterus pushing out old blood but best is if I let my gynae know too. congratulations to you too mummy! at what week was your first appointment? can't help but worry anxiously 🥲😂