8 weeks pregnant

Hi mummies! I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and 2 days ago, I noticed a light brown discharge. I thought it was one time, so I brushed it off. Last night, it was slightly darker, also just that one time. Today, I noticed a spot of brown blood. So far no other fresh bleeding accompanied by cramps or anything else. The brown blood was also just a very thin streak. Should I be worried? My first appointment is in a few days. Should I let the gynae know as well? Thank you in advance mummies! Any input will be greatly appreciated. #pregnancy #firstbaby #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello hehee ! if you can, bring forward the gynae appt but if it’s not fresh blood with cramps should not be too serious. i’m having brown discharge previously daily so i’m on duphaston since 4weeks as i went to gynae as early as 4weeks. till about 9weeks the discharge has stopped but i’m still on duphaston doc say to monitor. you can inform gynae they will guide you and provide the required medications. all the best and take care 😊

Read more
2y ago

thank you mummy! so far no cramping, just normal tummy twinges and pulls, prolly due to the uterus stretching to make space. hehe! take care mummy! anxiously waiting for my first appointment 🥲

Hi, brown thin streak seems ok. My gynae mentioned that as long as not fresh blood red is still normal. I got fresh blood bleeding twice during my pregnancy and was given progesterone jab, duphaston and was asked to bedrest. You may bring up to your gynae, he may prescribe you with duphaston to strengthen the pregnancy. For now just monitor and don’t be stress. Take care!

Read more
2y ago

thank you! so far no red blood or cramps just normal tummy twinges & pulls. :)

I had spotting the whole of my first trimester! It's generally nothing but yes, there's a risk of miscarriage as any form of bleeding is not great during pregnancy. I was on progesterone jabs and duphaston for my entire first trimester! I'm at 32 weeks now :) it will stabilise after first tri when your placenta is totally formed! But good to check for peace of mind

Read more

Hi, i had the same experience as you. Not to alarm you but its better to get it checked as the pregnancy is still earlier. In the end, i was given progesterone and duphaston and was classified as threatened miscarriage. So i wld really suggest to get it check asap so u can have a piece of mind. Now im 25 weeks and thriving!

Read more
2y ago

thank you mummy! and congratulations to you!! may you have a smooth pregnancy ahead! will bring this up to my gynae, my appointment's on Tuesday. will just monitor the discharge for now. 🥰

hi! I'm a FTM here too in my 9th week:) I would think it's best to inform gynae so they can advise if it's normal/ perform any checks if required. I informed my gynae that I had noticed a one-time fresh blood when I was in week 4, and further checks found a polyp which was removed promptly. take care!

Read more
2y ago

thank you mummy! appointment in a few days time, still monitoring as of now. both my sister & sil said it might be my uterus pushing out old blood but best is if I let my gynae know too. congratulations to you too mummy! at what week was your first appointment? can't help but worry anxiously 🥲😂

you can check with your gyane if worried but during my early pregnancy also have light brown spotting and was told it was implantation bleed

No need to worry, I experienced that in my early pregnancy too, already 17 weeks now and baby is fine

Just head down to kkh urgent o&g if you feel worried, its best to reassure yourself..

2y ago

hi! sorry just turned on the app. had an ectopic pregnancy in my right tube, had to completely remove my right tube via surgery. :)