skin itching

hi mummies , i’m about 22 weeks+ pregnant & recently the skin around my belly has been itching , i believe it’s due to the skin stretch. is there any tips or remedy to ease the itch ? thanks !!!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please please start applying lotion or any moisturiser. Best is stretch marks cream or bio oil. Even if you don’t see any stretch marks yet. Your skin is itchy because your skin is “dry tearing” thus will appear stretch marks soon. I regretted not applying in my 1st tri cause now I’m at 8 months and my stretch marks are appearing a lot. It only started appearing in my 7th month. So imagine having a clean and smooth belly and suddenly one day you wake up you see faint lines which became darker by the day.

Read more

Try applying anti stretch mark creams, if you haven't been applying? I'm using Sebamed, cos I find it absorbs faster compared to Mustela and Palmer's. I also apply Hada Labo lotion before the cream sometimes. Hydrating and moisturizing helps to reduce the itch, by improving elasticity. It's not so magical to prevent stretch marks entirely though, if you are genetically more prone to having stretch marks. I also use Aveeno 24H moisturizer for other parts of my body when it itches.

Read more

I have the same situation as well! My skin start to itch when I was 4 month pregnant and I am using Clarins tonic oil+ stretch mark! Amazingly it does not itch anymore :)

I seen common advice is apply moisturizer. I can still "tahan" the itchiness hence don't apply any moisturizer.

You can apply stretchmark cream! Im currently using palmers cocoa butter!