mummies, if u are given a free photoshooting for your baby, conditions is that the photographer has all rights to the photo and can post to online website and social media, are you willing to accept and do so ? PS: its not from a famous photographer or firm, and my motive is just to save money and at the same time have a memories of baby time

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If it's an x-deal as they call it for portfolio of an upcoming photographer. I guess it's fine for as long as he/she will not use the photos for media marketing such as product endorsement and asking it for free while he/she gets paid for that without informing the subject about a deal, then that's a No. Also the parents should clarify if the naked shots are not "too sexual" for I believe naked shots for children are quite a trend when it comes to newborn and child photography even on maternity shoots.

Read more

I would say it depends on how comfortable you are with the sharing of your baby's photos (because you never know which posts on the social media will go viral). Another thing to consider would be whether you like the style of shooting by the photographer. Since it is for memory sake, it should be in the style that you like. Personally, I do not think there is any issue with sharing baby's photos. Spread the joy and let other admire how adorable your baby is. :) Just my two cents!

Read more
8y ago

I think the photographer will likely select a few photos as the main ones for advertising, and the remaining will be displayed on her site as part of her portfolio? Find out these information from her. The only con I see would be if naked photos of yo

I currently work for a publishing company and we require all our clients to do a photoshoot. It was only then that I learned how important it is to get a copyright of your photos. We are never allowed to get photographers who won't give us the copyright to our own photos. This idea used to be totally fine with me until I learned about this copyright thing for photos.

Read more
8y ago

can tell more about this copyright thing?

i am a mummy turned photographer. i would be careful.with who you select! best to go with someone reputable unless u are prepared for photos that not turn out the way u expect... Also, if you are trust and are comfy with the photographer then you should feel okay to share babies pics for her marketing/ portfolio needs... i would go with how u feel :)

Read more
8y ago

what does it mean by mummy turned photographer? of course since i know photographer is not reputable thus the skills wont be too perfect, but they did show me their website and how the photos will turned out to be as a sample for their portfolio

I've done something similar as a favour for my photographer friend. But since he is my friend, I trust him fully with the photos. So far, he has kept his word and the photos only appear on his company's instagram and Facebook page so I've no issues with that.

Yes why not? I've done it before. :) just Ensure that it's really just to help build the photographer's portfolio and all shots are decent (no naked shot of baby, no showing of personal details like where you stay etc)

VIP Member

Yes, why not? I have done that as well. :) just Ensure the photographer is reputable and that he/she agrees to remove any shots that you are not comfortable sharing

8y ago

is not from any reputable firm, i see is just from a freelance photographer with own blog as website and have portfolio to promote her photography skills

how will i be able to confirm that there will be no naked shots? and whats the cons for that? no showing of personal details meaning in the portfolio itself?

8y ago

okay noted for that thanks

if u know the photograher then offcourse go on but take care of safety like only a decent n cute photoshoot

I don't think that it's a big issue. Just make sure personal information is not shared to the public.