speeding up labour

hello mummies, i was just informed by the doctor that im 2cm dilated but havent had much progression with labour (only cramps and irregular contractions so far). wondering if there are any tips to get into established labour so i can meet my baby soon :))) ##firsttimemom ##advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if you can, serach and do some prenatal yoga for 3rd trimester, do it daily to help open up your pelvic and engaged baby head down. Another suggestion is to do brisk walk for 30mins daily and let gravity does the work 😂 You may want to also drink some fresh coconut water to help soften the cervic and hydrate your body.

Read more

Hi! I’m 2cm dilated too!! Just curious when did you have real contractions & how long till your baby is out?

9mo ago

HAHAHA honestly i have no idea— ive tried everything to help speed up my labour like walking 30 mins everyday, curb walking, light exercises and even sex BUT nothing has worked for me and i gave up days later and just waited for my body to let me know when i was ready to give birth. for pushing time, in my experience, i didnt prepare for it but if it’s your first pregnancy i think its normal to take around an hour to push. the nurses and my husband really helped me A LOT with their prompts and encouragement during pushing.

Have sex (check with gynae)😅