Second hand item

Hi Mummies, I would like to ask for your views on second hand item? Like stroller? Would you get second hand good condition stroller instead of buying new? #advicepls

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just buy 2nd hand clothes, stroller, car seat (only if you think it’s worth getting one). Don’t be shy to receive hand-me-downs as well. Babies outgrow their newborn clothes Super fast also so I suggest don’t get too many. Just wash and reuse again. Buy 0-3mths instead of newborn. I recently just bought a replica of Doona stroller on Carousell for $100 and it’s in mint condition. My baby clothes, breastmilk pump, stroller, walker, Yao lan, carriers, etc are all hand-me-downs or gifts from my sisters-in-law, friends, neighbours, cousins.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes!!! Second hand for stroller for sure. I bought three strollers all together - I brand new (totally regret) and two second hand - best decision ever. I bought it from the preloved baby’s goods group on fb and then bought a stroller sanitizer from Motherswork and cleaned and aired it before use. I also bought a ton of kids clothes second hand. The only thing to buy first hand is breast pump and car seat in my honest opinion! Good for climate change too!

Read more

I would especially when the stroller fabric can be removed for washing. I bought mine from Carousell. I noticed there’s many things like steam/Uv steriliser, glass bottles, car seats, baby carriers and strollers sold there. Most stated that they are selling cuz baby not used to it or they no longer use it cuz child has grown up. As long it is is good condition and can be cleaned, practically should be ok for some parents. I saved a lot doing it. :)

Read more

The Salvation Army will sell those good brands and in a pristine condition strollers. so why not?Second hand items are a must because babies /toddlers are indeed fast to grow! I do feel the same way when i was first pregnant but when i look at the items at d shops, i think twice coz babies wont miss or mind whatever they wear. lol. So save up for when they are bigger for their medical, education ,tuition, hobbies and classes. those are more worth it.

Read more

For me depend on individual. I got 2nd hand car seat from my colleagues, Spectra breastpump machine also got 2nd hand & I bought Avent milk warmer 2nd hand from other mummy in FB group. It can save me some $ since all those can’t use for very long time & like people say baby outgrow very fast. But for clothes, milk bottle, breast pump, due to hygiene reason, I bought new one.

Read more

Hi Mummies! Thanks for the feedback. It’s more of first baby everything wanna buy kind. Hahaha and felt a little guilty if I don’t give all brand new. Anyway I made a purchase of second hand stroller + car seat on Carousell. It’s in good condition though & looks very clean. Hopefully the guilty feeling will go away. Hahaha

Read more
TapFluencer

there's nothing wrong in getting a second hand stroller. it's personal preference and budget. if you mind you can send to pram wash. I sold my very new condition doona to a couple they said this to me they want to save more on education in future so they don't mind using pass down or 2nd hand stuff.

VIP Member

Depends on personal preference I guess. If you are fine with it then no harm as long as the item is thoroughly cleaned. In my case, since it's our first baby too, I'm not comfortable with second hand items. Even the ones my cousin and friends offered to bless I politely declined.

We just bought 2nd hand stroller and car seat at carousel but it's in mint condition..worth the money and you can save alot on things that your kid will outgrow soon. we just disinfectant thoroughly for stuffs that we bought secondhand.

Hmm..to me i would rather take 2nd hand items from my cousin instead of stranger cause in carousell there is some people stated there used but in good condition but once u have buy from them it is not really good condition