Hi mummies, May I know if you think it make any sense to change a child's childcare to one with: 1)better location 2)availability of enrichment prog 3)worse staff to child ratio My concern is tt the child has already adapted well, but I also find the current sch lacking in some area like the lack of parental involvement(no communication booklet), no enrichment options, terrible choices of excursions and insufficient outdoor time. Other than that the current cc is quite responsive and responsible. Thank you. :}

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My question would be, is there another way to make up for the things that are "lacking"? For example, if this current childcare doesn't have enrichment classes or daily outdoor activities, would you be able to do so on the weekends as a family or sign up for external ones after class hours? For me, I wouldn't do the switch since your child is already well adapted there - I wouldn't want a situation where he/she ends up not being used to the new school, or if the new school isn't up to expectations, and then get all frustrated and distressed over that! As for other things like parental involvement and choices of excursions, these are actually things you can make an impact with - for my son, I am pretty much known as the "save the earth" young mother who cares more over what he likes than whether he's doing well academically (my son is 27mo, just enrolled when he was 24mo) :x You can always get the principal's/teacher's contact, or just do a simple conversation while dropping/picking your son up - it is important for teachers to build good relationships with our children, but we should do it with the teachers too :) As for excursions, childcare centres usually have a certain budget they need to work around - if you could, you can try pulling connections to get them better rates at a play area that you know kids would like! If not, just drop a simple recommendation to them as long as the prices and location are reasonable :) They're always open to parents who want to get involved!

Read more

1. If you are a working mom and needs to fetch your child by 7pm daily, changing to a childcare with a better location that allows you to fetch your kid earlier or fetching becomes less of a rush to you, then the change makes sense. 2. Enrichment programs offered at the childcare are often in partnerships with external vendors. You cannot guarantee that the enrichment programs are there to stay in the near future. Though it saves time in the sense that such programs are usually conducted during curriculum time (hence, save you to trouble to send your kid elsewhere at a separate timing), this reason should not be seen as a strong motivation to change the childcare. 3. Worse meaning how many kids per teacher? If the ratio is such that the childcare is maxing out their capacity but yet within the MYCG mandated ratio, then it doesn't make sense to change. You kid will get less attention, which probably isn't a very good thing. Try to feedback your concerns to the Principal first and hopefully, the childcare is able to address some of your concerns eventually. Good luck!

Read more
7y ago

thanks for yr feedback. for 2), worse means still within ratio but less good than the current cc another factor is that the other cc has daily hourly outdoor which the other sch does not

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-35926)