Scheduled c-section

Hi mummies! I am diabetic and scheduled for a c-section in 5 weeks exactly. I am currently seeing KKH. Has anyone here gone through the same thing? Were you instructed to check-in a day before the c-section for any 24 hours monitoring or do you check-in the same morning of the c-section? Apparently the doctor hasn't been clear in the details and seems to be rushing to see patients. So didn't really get to ask her much. I have another appointment in 2 weeks.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You can usually come in on the day of your C-section itself (unless there are special considerations that require monitoring beforehand). After you register on that day, they bring you to change and prepare for surgery. The nurses will do all the checks before they bring you to the operating theatre. There, you will see the anaesthetist who will be in charge of either putting you to sleep or giving you the epidural. More nurses will do checks (asking you questions, etc). Then they will transfer you to the operating table for either general anaesthesia or epidural. After that is done, the gynae will deliver your baby and close you up. When that is done, baby will go to the nursery for a check up, and you will go to the recovery area before going to your ward. If you were under the epidural, they’ll usually let you see your baby in the operating theatre first, otherwise you’ll be reunited in your ward. Have a good delivery and congratulations!!

Read more
4y ago

Thank you! I hope I don't have to come in any earlier. 3 more weeks ❤️

TapFluencer

I checked in after 12am so that I can have enough rest before the csec on next morning 730am

Super Mum

Call n ask her?