Induce Labour

Hi mummies! I am currently 34 weeks pregnant & is having contractions less than 5 minutes apart on and off for few days now. The other day i was admitted & given the medication to stop the contractions (but looks like i still have one) and the jab on my butt to mature and protect baby lungs. Just want to ask if anyone of you have requested to induce labour at 35-37 weeks? If yes, how was it and whats your main reason for it?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try to let baby born when full term. Better for baby. If baby comes too early usually has alot of issue.

Super Mum

Hi mama, May I ask if you were induced? (I ask because that’s what your subject title reads)

2y ago

Sure - thanks mama - didn’t quite read the post properly…my bad (sorry! 😩) Have you read up or asked your gynae about what’s involved when it comes to an induction? The pros and cons and what ifs? You could start with this article: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-on-inducing-labor-for-going-past-your-due-date/ Essentially, this one speaks of the pros and cons of inducing for due dates. There’s a table in this article in particular which I find useful and I’ve attached here. Also, ask your gynae what an induction involves before you make a decision. I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’m just saying that you should be informed before making a decision. Inductions work differently for every mama so best you understand the procedure.

Post reply image