Very frequent heartburn.

Hi mummies! I am 13+5 weeks pregnant now and i have a very frequent heartburn. Sometimes the heartburn doesn’t go away for quite some time. And i mostly get heartburn after i eat or before i sleep at night. Is this normal? Any advice on reducing the heartburn? 😅 #firsttimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's totally normal to experience heartburn during pregnancy, especially as your baby grows and puts pressure on your stomach. There are a few things you can try to reduce the frequency and intensity of your heartburn. First, try eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day instead of three large meals. This can help prevent your stomach from getting too full and causing acid reflux. Also, avoid lying down right after eating - try to wait at least 2-3 hours before laying down to sleep. You can also try to identify any specific triggers that may be causing your heartburn, such as spicy or acidic foods, and try to avoid them. Some moms find relief from heartburn by propping themselves up with extra pillows when they sleep to keep their upper body elevated. If these home remedies don't provide relief, it's always a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider. They may be able to recommend safe over-the-counter antacids or other medications that can help manage your heartburn during pregnancy. Remember, every pregnancy is different, so what works for one mom may not work for another. Hang in there, you're doing great! #momssupportingmoms And if you're looking for a natural supplement to help with heartburn during pregnancy, you can check out this product: https://invl.io/cll7h72. Good luck! Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Aiyo, poor thing. I had reflux in my 3rd tri and I really didn't like tt. Gaviscon was my best friend. I took it every day lol. If I didn't remember wrongly, u can't take one of the supplements together with gaviscon. It was either calcium or iron, I can't rmb. So just space them 2 hrs apart and it's all good.

Read more

Gaviscon advance. And avoid: Spicy food Sour food and drinks Preserved food Oily food Can also try to sleep with a higher pillow. Elevate a little. And contrary to popular belief , do not take milk for heartburn. It makes your gastric pain worse. - this is told by my gastroenterologist from the hospital.

Read more
4w ago

Omg thanks for the advice. I remembered one day after i just entered my 2nd trimester i took milk and i didnt know why i was vomiting non stop the whole day and i felt weak. After i read your comment then i realised i was also having heartburn at that point 😩

Gaviscon might help, maybe dinner time try to not eat spicy or triggering foods

TapFluencer

🙏💕

TapFluencer

🙏💕

🤍