Hospital bag

Any mummies have the list of what to bring to Hospital?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on which hospital you’re delivering at. And what kind of ward you’re getting. For me I packed too many and end up didn’t even use most of it. Especially when I had an emergency c-sect I wasn’t even prepared for it. This time round I will pack only the essentials, not even bringing baby’s bag cause I’m taking subsidised ward so my husband will need to go back everyday. Since I’m also hoping for VBAC, I’ll be bringing: 1. 2x Perineal cool pads (will ask husband to bring more if normal delivery) 2. Perineal herbal spray & bottle for wash 3. Nipple cream 4. Abdominal binder (from previous c-sect) 5. Charger / power bank 6. Nursing bra & post-partum undies 7. Breast pads & nursing cover 8. Warm socks 9. Compression socks (from previous) 10. Pillow for comfort (totally optional) I’ll be going to the hospital in a nursing dress with non-slip slippers. And will be planning to hold baby otw home. Whatever else I need I’ll just ask my husband to bring it on his next visit. For baby (will only bring on discharge day): 1. Mittens 2. Sleepsuit with footies 3. Swaddle 4. Cap Hospital will provide lots of maternity pads and baby wipes/diapers etc. Whatever they opened for you, they will throw it away if you don’t bring it back. They won’t give it to the next patient due to hygiene purposes. So remember to bring all of it back home.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much