Hi mummies, does anyone uses spectra breast pump and how good spectra can be compared to big and popular brands like mendela? Thanks

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mommy. My first pump was a hand-me-down Medela travel/pisa. It was noisy n extremely heavy to lug ard. The socket itself was huge. By the time I returned to work after ML ended, I was still solely using it. It was pure torture bringing to office and quite embarrassing (noisy too) to pump. I was so desperate to get something reasonably priced and lightweight and portable. After some research, I invested in (1) the Haakaa manual (2) Spectra M1. I think I made the right choice coz I could easily carry/fit the pump in my office bag and it is compact enough not to cause any bulk. Besides, I could charge it fully and then bring out the pump alone without the power cable. It comes with a massage mode and normal mode. And the noise level is quite low/ok because my colleagues did not know that I was pumping. I think it is really a good investment. But it is best if you can wait til baby fair to get it. Not any cheaper though.. just many useful freebies thrown in! I do see tt many mommies buy the S1 model instead (hospital grade). But what I had in mind, was something small and compact, lightweight and portable so M1 was my choice. Found this for u https://mummylilthought.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/spectra-pump-review-s1-vs-m1/ cheers

Read more
VIP Member

Spectra is a lot cheaper than medela, with cheap replacement parts too!! Many sellers do also offer local warranty for spectra pumps. I get the replacements for spectra accessories on shopee when they age ( turn opaque or yellow) from sterilising

I have the spectra s9+ and s1 and I love it! Really cheap and good I'll say. S9+ is compact making it very good for travelling. They are also quiet, and efficient in emptying the breasts. Awesome buy!

No idea about the pumps above. Didnt use either. I used a unimom and loved it. I also tried the hakka pump and im still loving it. Maybe you want to take a look at unimon forte?

Spectra is good and well known. These days Spectra is more popular than Medela

TapFluencer

Good!