Necessary to count baby kick?

Hi mummies, do you count baby kick everyday?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are with NUH (not sure abt pte, i am with sub), after 32 weeks, there is a fetal movement chart that you will have to fill up everyday. You will need to count up to ten and indicate the time # ten ends. So that mummy will be aware if baby’s movements is lesser as the pregnancy progress. Basically every movement episode is 1 count, doesnt have to be kicks.

Read more

Nooo. My Gynae said not necessary as counting baby kicks every hour will drive us crazy. Just observe that at least baby move when you eat something sweet or turn to left or right :) note that there were days where babies will be exceptionally quiet esp when mummy not feeling very well.

11mo ago

Yepp don’t worry mama. But in any case to play safe still good to see Gynae for ease of mind. My girl became sooo active after that episode of silence. Haha.

I wanted but I couldn’t. How to count oh? So many at one time or sometimes i was too busy. I just made sure that baby moved in the morning, noon and night, like sessions.

Gynaes say its not necessary to count baby kick when youre less than 28 weeks. As long as you feel them everyday but start counting when youre 28 weeks onwards.

Nope, I didn’t cause I don’t have the patience to do so. 😅 As long as baby moves or kicks once in awhile can already.

Not necessary to count them everyday as long as you feel some movements everyday