Breastpump

Hello, any mummies here brought their own breastpump to hospital to pump? Or use hospital one? Pls advise. Thank u!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, Congratulations! I’m not sure if the hospital will still loan you a pump given the current COVID measures but you could bring your own to play safe. May I ask if you’ve been able to borrow a pump from the hospital for a previous birth?

Read more
3y ago

I was wondering what made you want to pump in the hospital as for the first few days your body will produce colostrum which is a concentrate of all the nutrients needed by baby as her stomach is the size of a grape. If expressing of colostrum is needed or necessary, a syringe will do the trick. When we pump during the first few days, nothing much comes out into the bottles so we think we don’t have sufficient milk for our babies when actually we do and will eventually. Oh depending on the kind of birth you have it also does affect when your milk kicks in so I thought I’d share. Hope this helps

hi dear, when i gave birth at kkh they provided for me the breast pump machine free