Bringing breastpump to hospital

FTM here delivering at TMC next month. Is it better to bring a hospital grade electric breast pump or manual breast pump to the hospital? And how to sterilise pump parts after use at TMC? Thank you. #firsttimemom #firstbaby #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Up to your personal preference. I use electric cause I’m lazy 😂. Only when I have crack/painful nipples then I use manual pump. They don’t teach you how to use, only LC (usually on second day). After you finish pumping, just pass it to the nurses. They will sterilise and bring it back to you. Be sure to check EVERYTHING when they pass it back to you. I passed mine to them and it came back with 2 missing parts (tube and valve), only realized when I’m home…….. Had to specially make another trip to go down again (valve still missing tho). 😮‍💨

Read more

Hi mummy! For my experience at TMC and as FTM, the lactation lady will asked if i did bring my breast pump but i didnt. So need to ask husband to bring it down and they will explained to you the usage of it and on how to latch and breast pump ur milk. Didnt use it at the hospital but did learn how to direct feeding instead.🙂🙂

Read more