4th booster vaccine

Hi mummies, anyone taking 4th booster vaccine or any mummies alr took the vaccine could share yr experience? Im 22 weeks now, have mixed feelings on taking the 4th shot. 😟Though gynae encouraged to take as she said MOH has encouraged everyone to take , and told me of one patients actually hosp for a mth after getting covid which she did not take the vaccine. And then my friend told me that her friend had miscarriage after taking the vaccine 🥲🥲 please advise...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was advice by doctor to take after pregnancy. Meanwhile during pregnancy I also take flu and cough vaccine as advise to avoid falling sick. Had covid before pregnancy and during this period at 35 weeks so far no health issue or falling sick. Actually end day, it is all about how good is our body immune system. So yeah, you can postpone after giving birth. Whichever you feel comfortable with decision.

Read more
1y ago

Best of luck to you to mummy 🥰

I took the 4th booster (Pfizer) at 14 weeks after getting clearance from gynae, no side effects. Unfortunately, I still got covid 3 weeks later, but perhaps due to the booster my symptoms were mild, only sore throat and blocked nose, no fever, able to recover fully in a week. Now I am almost 24 weeks, both baby and I are doing fine.

Read more
1y ago

Thanks for sharing! Yes it could be due to the booster. Glad to hear that you have recovered and baby is fine! Do you feel breathless? Take care Mummy!! 😊

I took the bivalent at 16 weeks as I was travelling to Europe and gynae recommended (I did not have severe symptoms from all previous covid vaccines). Luckily I took as I got covid in Europe and symptoms were very mild (block nose and flu), maybe the vaccine helped. It was also my first time getting covid.

Read more
1y ago

Thanks for sharing Mummy! If I travel I will take the bivalent vaccine too to play safe too. Same here my symtoms was mild when I had my first covid last year april. However the 2nd-3rd vaccine i took made me breathless and heart rate accelerates therefore im contemplating to take this 4th vaccine.

Hi i took my 4th booster recently, so far me and baby is ok. Currently 20weeks(: but you cn always take it after giving birth (:

1y ago

Thanks for your advice mummy, i will probably take it after giving birth! 😊

I asked my gynae he said not compulsory and I haven’t caught Covid yet

1y ago

Thanks Mummy! I will delay my vaccine after I give birth to play safe 😄 Take care and stay safe too!