Facial and massage

Hi mummies, am 17 weeks and just went back to my usual facial place again since getting preggie.. the facial lady know I am pregnant but there was still neck and shoulder massage with oil (smell very woody) and I forgot to ask if it is safe for preggie.. will there be any harm? Anyone continue having such massage? Also forgot to ask if the facial products she use are safe... #firstbaby #1stimemom

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Facial is fine la sis and so does neck. Just don’t let them massage your body and legs, that’s all. I had my prenatal message at my 2nd trimester. They did facial and neck. They did cupping on me which is sooooo gooooooooood. *Not the cupping that have heat and blood coming out ya. It was just a relaxing cupping to release tension.

Read more

i switched all my facial products to clean/natural products (no Paraben, phalate, sulfate and silicon). Went for facial at 14 weeks and told them I am pregnant so they intro me a pregnancy friendly facial (all natural products as well). The massage oils were all natural oils as well.

I decided to pause my facial until I'm done with confinement, because I wasn't sure whether the products , including the massage oil, and the machine they used, were safe for my little one (I'm week 27 here). 🙋🏻‍♀️first-time mom here too!

I'm 29 weeks pregnant, and yesterday just went to facial I did it for 2 times alr, the lady also massage my head and shoulder, shouldn't be a problem I think.. But for the facial product need to change to safe for preggie.

From second trimester onwards, my doc has said facials and prenatal massages are fine. Some essential oils can be considered very strong, so best to go to a prenatal massage place or check with your gynae :)

Thank you all for the replies! Have decided I will just stop facials for now until after pregnancy since I just don't feel assured about the oils/products. All the best to all mummies in this journey 😊

I informed the therapist that I’m pregnant and she did a pregnancy safe treatment for me instead. She also informed me she would not be giving me any head/shoulder massage just in case.

Hi, I am still going for facial but no UV light or massage. Just normal facial as facial lady not experienced for pregnant lady so no massage haha

You should go to massage meant for pregnant ladies and not normal massage kind.