Public or private

Hi MTBs, or mummies will you all consider going to a public gynae for first 2 tri then switch to a private one after that? I have a public one right opposite my house and it’s so convenient but they don’t have delivery. Am thinking of switching after some visits

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too! I live opposite SGH and is currently on public route until my NIPT results complete. This is my third pregnancy. For my first 2 pregnancies (one ended in miscarriage) I was fully private at TMC, but I find it a chore to take the cab to TMC when I can walk to SGH. Also, the prices at SGH is >50% lower than TMC. 3 weeks ago, it took a total of 5 hours at SGH from scan to doctor to medication collection and it scarred me. Now I’m considering to go back to private due to the wait time…

Read more

Would highly suggest to stick either one. Because public/private gynae will have difficulty to follow up on your pregnancy progress. If coming to 3rd tri then you switch, what if private gynae unavailable during the 3rd tri up till birth? Disadvantage for public gynae they can also be on demand but would you know the exact birth place that they will be available. You can also way the costing of the check up and delivery if you want too as well. Two cents opinion.

Read more

Hello. I'm following this thread. I too live right in front of SGH. So I thought it's super convenient. But I find it interesting that the cost is not a lot of difference than a private one