Overwhelmed and sudden surge of sadness

Hi mommy, im currently at 37 weeks. Is it normal to feel super overwhelmed and sudden surge of sadness everyday? Especially towards your partner/ spouse? Im already towards the last few weeks and I dont feel any symptoms of labour yet. #1stimemom #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal! It’s all the hormones. Overloaded with hormones! Try to talk it out with your spouse. Explain to your spouse on your concerns and what is up. Be very open to them. They would understand. I was in your shoes just a few months ago. My baby is now 3months old. I voiced out all my concerns to my husband. Whenever I’m sad or angry usually I just keep quiet. But my husband can see the difference in me and start to ask me what’s wrong. Be open to your spouse. Communication is very important in a relationship, especially during pregnancy and after giving birth. You’ll need to work together. Hope all is well for you 💕

Read more

yes normal...we get very emotional over every thing... try n keep urself happy by going shopping or movie dates with ur hubby or friends. Also be prepared u might go into labour anytime. Just a advice if after u give birth n still feel very depressed or sucidal please see doc immediately alot of ppl get postnatal depression n are not aware of it. Ur bundle of joy will be arriving soon try n sleep as much as possible cause once the baby arrive say good bye to 8hr sleep 🤣🤣🤣

Read more

Absolutely normal. Blame the hormones! I felt very sentimental towards the end of my pregnancy. Cried everyday. It’s just a way for us to prepare ourselves for the next chapter; motherhood. But once I have my babies in my arms, it feels surreal and whatever emotions you were feeling before will be replaced with joy and gratefulness. ♥️

Read more

I hope your spouse treats you well. My partner never did. That’s why I chose to walk away and be a single mother. I became v happy with my life! It made me realise a lot of people around me cares and loves me more than my partner did. Just be happy ya :)

I think you might lack of vitamins. Yes lacking vitamin D and B9 (folic acid) in pregnant and lactating mother can cause depression. Try taking multi vitamin for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers daily (like Obimin) and observe if you feel better after few days

my dear dont feel sad. its normal as we always overthink stuff and worry for what is to come. talk to more young first time mums. so you can feel better and relate 😘🥰

Yes, it is normal but please take care because don't want to lead to baby blues and post partum depression too.