HL before maternity leave starts

Hi mommies! Has anyone actually gotten 1 month HL before the start of your maternity? Can I actually get HL from a subsidised hospital care? I’m a patient from KKH. i know if you’re under private check it will be easier for you to obtain the HL. Please help. Thank you! #1stimemom #bantusharing #advicepls #firsttiimemom

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m a private patient under KKH. I heard from my friends that my gynae would issue abt one month HL before due. But i manage to get an early HL, abt 2 months before due bcz i have an existing problem with my lower back. I heard you need to be warded to get HL, But eventually I wasn’t and was granted HL. I think if you’re under subsidised, it’s tough to get HL. My friend had to work until she was due.

Read more
2y ago

Hi! May I also know who was your gynae. It’ll be really helpful. Thank you in advance. :)

Not sure if HL is possible since you will first need to be warded in order to fulfil the criteria of HL. It also depends on your condition for the length of HL. I was experiencing severe pelvic pain and had difficulty in walking. My gynae from TMC gave me 3 weeks MC which I used my ML for the balance since we only have 14 days MC.

Read more

I actually requested and was granted 2 weeks HL before due. I was under subsidised ward at SGH with no complications or issues throughout pregnancy. I just went for my normal scheduled appointment, and during the consultation, I requested and got it!

2y ago

i asked the gynae about it and then the gynae say they do provide and aaked if i wanted it. i said yes because i wanted to rest and was given immediately of 2 weeks HL.

I got 6 weeks HL but gynae has a pte practice and I delivered at PEH. I got it also partly due to asthma. Private gynaes have more leeway and can give u HL without hospitalisation, esp if u hve certain medical conditions.

so it definitely depends on whether your gynae will give or not. Maybe you can talk to him or her. Maybe Dr can help you grant the HL! All the best, mama. You can do this 💪 😊

Actually it depends on your gynae.. I’m gave birth under private in PEH and doesn’t get HL before birth but my colleagues who gave birth in TMC get 2 weeks of HL before EDD

Think it depends. Normally you'll get HL if you have any complications during pregnancy but so far I've heard it's difficult to get

I think it will be depends on ur gynae.. and whether u have pregnancy complications or no.. no harm try ask ur gynae..

VIP Member

So far the Drs i met in subsidized class are quite strict. Not warded, no HL. Gd luck for u...

It depends on your gynae. I was under private at kkh and my gynae was unwilling to give me HL

2y ago

May I know who was gynae? :)