First time mom anxiety

Hi mommies, Currently in my week 10 of pregnancy. Last went for a scan is week 8. Dr said that baby is growing well. But i dont know why, im always worried about baby health. Have been doing well, no bleeding, normal discharges, intermittent abdominal discomfort, no loos of weight and no morning sickness so far. Should be a good sign right. Haha. Next scan in 2 weeks time.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I too feel anxious n worry. I was only excited for like 5mins when we got the news then I started feeling anxious and alr started planning n thinking. I guess is normal especially for 1st time mom. But do be mindful of these emotions and seek help if you starts feeling depressed or paranoid. There is a lot of info out there and it can be quite overwhelming. For me I only allowed myself like 1hr reading then I do other activities. I also have counsellor who I can depends on to speak to if needed. Get a bunch of friends to support you not just about the pregnancy but also can cheer you up. Go shopping or watch a movie or just go have a drink at cafe and talk about other stuff beside pregnancy will help. Oh and another thing I keep telling myself is I cannot stress n worries too much cos I don’t want my baby come out grumpy 😆 tht kinda snapped me out of it. Hopefully you will feel better and can fully enjoy your pregnancy journey.

Read more

After having 2 miscarriages at 4-6 weeks, I was definitely more paranoid with this pregnancy throughout my 1st trimester. I had light spotting every day and it freaked me out because that’s how my miscarriage started the past pregnancies. I tried to keep positive and take care of myself. Even after reaching 2nd trimester, I continued to be paranoid. I bought a fetal doppler from Shopee and scanned to listen to heartbeat every 2-3 days. Now that I’m in my 3rd trimester, I’m feeling more assured because I can feel baby kicking and moving every now and then. It is definitely normal to feel anxious but keep being positive, take your vitamins and eat healthy. Hope all’s well for you!❤️

Read more

It’s normal to feel anxious or worried. Just have to fill your minds on positive things and stop scaring yourself with those negative stories. I’m sure God will take care of you and your baby. :) baby can feel it if you feel anxious or worried. So try to be happy and focus on other things u can control. Do ur best in things u can control.

Read more

I have anxiety too. I am considered first time mum but I had a miscarriage last year -blighted ovum. My anxiety this time round was way worst.. i am gg 7 weeks now and is scheduled for ultrasound this coming monday. Right now I minimum symptoms. Just bloating and tender breast, no morning sickness..

It’s normal to be 24/7 worried especially in 1st trimester! But don’t let it get to you as it will affect baby. Also, about the waiting period, get used to it.. some appointments are 8-9 weeks apart. Meanwhile just eat healthy and look out for baby movements like gas bubbles in 2nd trimester.

2y ago

Thank you so much for the heads up

Hi it's normal to have this worried feeling especially when you're a mom /mom to be . I was like that too with my second pregnancy cause my first was a miscarriage as I was 24/7 worried /overthinking /overprotective . until it really gets to me and I lost 1 angel .

Totally normal to feel that way. I felt that way too & LO one is 6 month old now. Healthy & happy. Just don’t overthink ya. :)