When does your baby call you mama/papa

Hi mommies, My son is 1 yo now. But haven’t yet call mama or papa. When does your toddler call you?#1stimemom #pleasehelp #firstbaby #worryingmom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO started calling my husband (Abah) when she was about 7 months. Then she started calling me Mimi when she was close to 12 months. She recently started calling me correctly (Ummi) about 2 months ago. She’s 18 months now. It depends on babies, some will grow faster than others. My LO started walking at 10 months and grew out all her teeth (including 1st molars) before 14 months. Have little conversations with your LO. Keep educating him, conversing in proper pronounciation (this is very important) and soon he will follow suit. Takes a little time but worth watching his developmental stages as he grows. ☺️

Read more
2y ago

He started rolling when he was 2 months. His teeth and all milestones all very fast. Except that till now he haven’t call us yet despite we everyday saying papa and mama to him. Kinda worried though. Thanks for replying. 😊

VIP Member

my #1 start calling papa mama when he was 2.5yo. he calls me mommy, learned from nursery rhymes. my #2 is 1.3yo and yet to call papa mama. my "call" definition includes knowing what is papa mama. they both babbled papa mama without understand the meaning at age of 7mo. after one two months they stopped babbled.

Read more
2y ago

Hi, but mine doesn’t even babble papa and mama. That’s makes me worried. He will be visiting polyclinic in June for the developmental check up. Thanks for replying. 🙂

My toddler is 2.5 years old now and he rarely calls us… unless he’s rly crying or need something

2y ago

At least he knows how to call you and your husband just that he chose not too. 😄 kinda worried that till now he still dk how to call us. And he doesn’t likes to eat and drink on his own. Need us to feed him. 😓 Thanks for replying.

its ok mine called me at 2 years old

2y ago

Thanks for replying. It helps.

it depends !

2y ago

Hmm. Yup, I know. But just wish to know if anyone has the same experience as my son. 🙂 Thanks for replying.