Breastmilk to Formula

Hi Mommies! Im currently fully BF my baby, if she reach 6 mths, how do i make the change frm BM to FM? Im thinking of introducing her to Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 2. Most of my frens LO is on dumex. Heard that the good gut or good digestion makes bb poop easily.. As bb will turn 6 mths n will intro solid food, i think its essential to get the best FM that has these nutrients + prebiotics in it. Hope u mommies can share some of ur experience! TIA! ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To me, all FM are more or less the same. The challenge is probably finding the right FM brand that suits your lo. For my first born, I was inexperienced and so, naturally I followed all the hearsay. Son was feeding well on Mamil Gold and was always more than 90th percentile in terms of weight during the first 1 year. However, I heard Similac was "better" (that's why so expensive) and I changed him to the brand. Worst mistake as a mom. Son had severe diarrhoea and ended up, I switched him back to Mamil Gold and never look back. For my #2, I fed her with Mamil Gold too after I wean her off BM. She took it well and I never change her FM brand till now. So, always request for samples to try out first. During the weaning process, start off by replacing one feed with FM in the day and then gradually increase the no. of FM feeds over BM. Do not mix both milk together. Hope you'll find the FN brand that suits your lo.

Read more

there wasn't best FM. Most of them had the contents of what you mention. My suggestion is you can apply different brands of samples tru their direct website. Furthermore you don't know your LO prefer what taste. so better trial first. I did that for my LO when he was 6 mth old. certain brands cause him constipation or phlegm. Also i realize dumex and pedisure is harder to dissolve. My LO choosen Friso since 6 mth old till now 26 mth old he still stick with friso. As he maintain a 75% of growth rate and it doesn't give him constipation problem.

Read more

Hi, have you introduced solids to your LO yet? Usually 4-6 months people start to introduce solids so at the same you can introduce FM to your LO too. Maybe can alternate feeds. Like morning and night FM, afternoon BM. You can try Dumex Mamil Gold which is raved for their good digestive benefits due to the patented prebiotics, as well as high DHA and increased Omega 3 & 6.

Read more

And oh, just want to add on that there is no such thing as the "best" FM. All brands will probably say that theirs are the best. Perhaps there is a "most popular" brand in certain mummies or babies group but ultimately, it is really finding the brand that suits your lo.