Tailbone pain

Hello mommies, I'm currently 21 weeks and previously I had tailbone pain in my earlier weeks. Gynae said take paracetamol if too painful. But past few days it's been really bad. It's hard for me to stand on my feets in one position even for a few seconds. I feel a sharp and lightening sensation causing me to change position. Has anyone experienced this before? Should I go for a prenatal massage?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

mine was terrible that i only managed to make little or barely any steps. cnt sit without feeling pain, basically any movement is so painful. only better when im laying down. went to kkh and got admitted for them to observe & well they said it’s normal. had physiotherapist to come and teach me on stretches and correct posture to maintain. the pain goes away after a week 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️

Read more

it’s normal actually. the weight of the uterus presses on the ligament and nerves that causes this pain. i had this quite often. unfortunately it can’t be massaged away. have to wait till the uterus and baby’s weight shift off the nerves. may take a few weeks

You may want to consider visiting a chiropractor! I went for weekly visits and it helped a lot with my backpains and groin pains. Make sure it's an experienced doctor who specializes in pregnant women

I never had severe pain but when I do some pain there, notice some yoga stretches especially cat/cow poses help. Sometimes it is the baby's positioning that causes the pain and pressure.

Prenatal massage did not work for me. I feel like it is just a pampering session where they do very light strokes but never solve the issue of my pains.

it's normal mummy! i had it too so i just took paracetamol. nothing else you can do but to tahan the pain. but it will go away eventually :)