Constipation (hard poop) 6.5mths old

Hi mommies, i feed bm to my baby until 4.5mths old then switch to full formula (bellamys organic step 1) up to 6mths old, i also started to fed her rice cereal when she was 5.5mths old and her poop was always ok. Recently she turned 6mths old, i still feed (and infant care also) rice cereal once a day (increased amount) and changed her formula to bellamys organic step 2. I fed her plain water as well but she doesnt like to drink, so only manage to feed her 20-30ml per day. Her poop start to bcome super hard, everyday she will cry for very long when pooping and only small lump came out but stuck at her butthole. My heart is broken seeing her suffer like this. Any mommy experience this? Should i stop cereal? Or should i change formula instead? #advicepls #pleasehelp #1stimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Erfhina, It must be so hard to see your baby in pain. Perhaps start introducing some vegetables and fruits into her diet? Prune purée may help with the constipation. If she doesn’t like water, mix in a little apple or pear juice to add sweetness. Instead of rice cereal, you could try oat cereal instead as it has higher fibre. Hope she feels better soon!

Read more