Bleeding/Brown discharge

Hi mommies! First time mom here. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have found brown discharge, accompanied by blood. I am quite worried as I fell ill recently and if this is a sign of a miscarriage. If I am not pregnant, my period should be here as I do have regular period. I’ve booked my gynae appointment but only available on the 23rd. Can anyone advise please? 🥺#1stimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummies, i am currently having brown discharge still since my 1st trimester. Went to the a&e and was told that my baby is fine and active. They prescribed me with duphaston and multivitamins. Now I’m already in my 2nd trimester and still having brown discharge however my doctor said it’s normal as long as it’s not fresh blood with aches and all, but they couldn’t give an exact answer as to why there is bleeding-they only gave a few possibilities. I’m hoping for miracles as my pregnancy is high-risked and i had a missed misscarriage with my 1st pregnancy. To the mummies out there who are facing the same situation as me-my advice is best to go straight to the doctor if you feel something is wrong. Best of luck to all of us, hoping and praying for a smooth journey from here onwards and i pray that all of you reading have a wonderful mummyhood/pregnancy journey.

Read more

Hi mummy. I had the same brown discharge like u too during my 1st trimesters. After I spot my brown discharge, I quickly go to KKh for further check up @O&G. I don't wait coz I don't want anything happen to the baby . Dr mention I had infection so Dr prescribe me some medicine. Just go if u are worried ok dont wait till Ur appt.But I remember Dr told me as long as not blood it should be fine but I still go n check (For a peace of mind) 😅

Read more

brown spotting or discharge is quite common actually.. are you with kkh ? if yes, can go their O&G (like A&E) to check if you are worry.. then let doctor prescribe some medication for you too.. continue taking folic acid

go kkh o&g. i experienced this b4, the dr had me take duphaston immediately to stabilise my pregnancy

I would suggest you can go to KKH urgent O&G, so you won’t have to think so much abt it

I suggest you to go to kkh O&G immediately. Request for blood test to be done.

can call raffles womens clinic for an appt to check beforehand if you worried